GTPA only launched on the 12th December and we are currently looking to source partners who may wish to work wish us to create a GTPA Chapter.
As a Chapter together we can work with you to support global trade advancement in your country and you will benefit from providing additional services to your network to give them access to:
- Growth in skills and knowledge
- Internationally recognised certification
- Career progression
- Promotion of your capabilities as a global expert in trade
- Expanding your employment opportunities
- Global connections
- Access to a trusted network for sourcing employees
Engagement globally in trade policy on behalf of companies engaged in international trade.
The elements of a GTPA Chapter value proposition can include:
- Building a global trade ecosystem
- Programme delivery and knowledge transfer
- Global trade and international business competency development
- Trade-related research and analytical skills development
- Strategic advocacy training
- Development of local trusted networks, and linkages to the global GTP community
- Trade Policy
- Thought leadership
Collaboration will be driven by six over-arching objectives:
- Work together to deliver the GTP Programme, other GTPA services and information sharing to enhance existing service offerings.
- Develop activities that can support the local chamber to deliver ongoing certified GTP activities in-market.
- Build trade linkages and networks with regional and global markets via the GTPA network.
- Collaborate on local delivery of skills and capability building programs.
- Advise individuals from various markets in becoming GTP certified, including providing access to educational programs via the GTPA network to build their competencies.
- Expand membership benefits by providing local networks with valued-added membership to GTPA, as well as discounted rates to become a GTP.
- Engage in trade policy and though leadership to represent the needs of companies engaged in international trade as well as promote and advocate the benefits of global trade.
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.