If you provide educational services at the tertiary level (graduate/ postgraduate), short courses both online and offline across any of the below competency areas than we want to hear from you!
- Global business environment and international trade economics
- Strategic planning
- Overview of international business
- Leadership in trade strategy
- Understanding value and pricing
- International market research
- International marketing and sales
- E-commerce, internet selling and technology in trade
- Global value chains (GVCs) and international supply chains
- Import/export operations (general)
- Non-tariff barriers (NTBs) and technical barriers to trade (TBTs)
- Trade law basics and regulatory compliance
- Intellectual property (IP) management
- Cultural and business practises
- Trade in services
- Building diversity in trade
- Risk management and control
- Risk leadership and governance
- Trade finance
- Trade facilitation
- Advanced documentary credits and collections
- Advanced supply chain finance
- Currency, foreign exchange and reparation of funds
- Digital trade finance and fintech
- Documentary credits and collections
- Financial management for international business
- Foreign investment
- Global trade policy development
- Government procurement
- Import/export operations (documentation)
- International HR
- Trade controls and regulatory compliance specialist
- Trade diplomacy (including LDC trade principles)
- Trade finance and capital risks (including fraud, currency and reputational risks)
- Trade finance for business
- Trade finance law
- Trade policy
- Trade promotion
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.