GTP Application form
Global Trade Professional (GTP) Programme: Springboard your career today!
As a GTP you will benefit from:
- Global Trade Professional certification under ISO/IEC 17024;
- A trusted and internationally recognised certification;
- Career opportunities and progression;
- A global network and profile,
- International and strategic partnerships;
- Business development opportunities.
Applications to be certified as a GTP are open to all experts in the field of global trade across the following domain specialisations:
- Trade Management * available now
- Trade Regulation and Compliance * launching in 2018
- Risk Analysis and Mitigation * launching in 2019
- Market Development * launching in 2018
- Trade Finance and Supply Chain Finance * launching in 2018
- Trade Research and Economics * launching in 2019
- Trade Policy * launching in 2018
- Trade Law * launching in 2019
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.