GTP Information booklet
When you sign up as a GTP and join the GTPA we become partners, working with you to support global trade advancement and you will benefit from:
- Internationally recognised and trusted certification as a Global Trade Professional under ISO/IEC 17024:
- Recognition of your trade competencies and eligibility to use the GTP post-nominals;
- Access to a trusted global network to promote your competencies and share information;
- Advanced career opportunities in global trade by offering increased value to your organisation or your clients;
- Global connections by being part of a network that shapes and promotes the future of global trade;
- Participation in forums that drive policy reform;
- Opportunity to leverage the GTP brand to grow your global business;
- A platform to build your ongoing professional skills and knowledge;
- Enhanced global employability and transferable skills;
- A forum to build your reputation as a leader in global trade;
- Access to a range of resources and information to assist you in your career or your business.
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.