Global Trade Development Week (GTDW), now into its 19th edition, provides a connecting platform to global trade stakeholders to explore opportunities to facilitate and increase sustainable and seamless cross border trade and to detect and counter illicit trade by:
- Collaborating and linking existing initiatives
- Sharing resources and best practices
- Identifying commonalities and points of convergence
- Discovering emergent and interoperable technologies and innovation
- Initiating recommendations to overcome threats and challenges
- Facilitating closed door G2G, B2B, B2G meetings
GTDW in China is partnered with Shanghai Asia-Pacific Model E-Port Network Operational Center (SAOC) which was set up in Shanghai in 2016 with the view of promoting trade facilitation, digital trade and secure supply chain connectivity.
TWO CO-LOCATED CONFERENCES
GTDW China will feature 2 co-located conferences which will run concurrently. Speakers and attendees will have the opportunity to network during shared networking and lunch breaks.
Conference 1: GTDW Technology for Trade Facilitation & Compliance Conference
Conference 2: GTDW Anti Illicit Trade, Brand & IPR Protection Conference
The 2 conferences will have a shared exhibition and networking area, allowing speakers, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors access to network with all the attendees.
- Alan Bersin, Senior Fellow, Belfer Center for Science & International Affairs at the Harvard Kennedy School; Executive Chairman,
Altana Trade & Technology; Former Commissioner of US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security
- Andrew Keable, CEO, KW Group; Chairman, GTDW Advisory Council
- Douglas McKay, VAT & Customs Director Asia Pacific, Lear Corporation
- Ethan Xu, Director, International Trade Compliance, Otis Elevator Co.
- Glyn Hughes, Global Head of Cargo, International Air Transport Association (IATA); Advisory Council Member of GTDW
- Günther Marten, Minister Counsellor, European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), Delegation of the European Union
- Huang Feng, Director General, Shanghai Asia-Pacific Model E-port Network Operational Center (SAOC); Advisory Council Member of GTDW
- Dr Jan Hoffmann, Chief, Trade Logistics Branch, DTL, United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD); Advisory Council Member of GTDW
- Dr Lars Karlsson, CEO & MD, KGH Global Consulting; Former Director WCO and Swedish Customs; Advisory Council Member of GTDW; Advisory Board Member of INCU; Chairman of the IBMATA Advisory Board
- Lisa McAuley, Chief Executive Officer, Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA)
- Louisa Xu, IP Manager, Treasury Wine Estates
- Michael Yu, North Asia Brand Protection Head, Unilever
- Miller Wang, Brand Protection Director & Legal Counsel, MCM APAC
- Dr. Mohammad Saeed, Senior Trade Facilitation Adviser, International Trade Centre (ITC); Advisory Council Member of GTDW
- Ray Xu, Vice President, Legal, Pernod Ricard
- Richard Morton, Secretary General, International Port Community System Association (IPCSA); Advisory Council Member of GTDW
- Prof. Samuel C. Bautista, Chief Learning Officer, Academy of Developmental Logistics & Member, Management Committee, International Network of Customs Universities (INCU)
- Stephen Dunn, Regional Director Of Investigations, Asia Pacific, Sanofi
- Thomas Bagge, CEO & Statutory Director, Digital Container Shipping Association (DCSA)
- Virginie Ticha, President, International Federation of Consular Chambers for Africa (F.I.C.A.)
- Alvin Yung, Internet Brand Protection Manager, CHANEL
- Dr Mikhail Kashubsky, Head of Secretariat, International Network of Customs Universities (INCU)l Advisory Council Member of GTDW
- Neil Sheridan, Brand Protection, Director Global Investigations, Cisco
- Peter Hlavnicka, Director Brand Protection, APAC, FitBit
- Philip Yu, Assistant Chief IP Counsel & IP Leader – Asia Pacific, DuPont
- Simon Lacey, Vice President, Global Government Affairs, Trade Facilitation & Market Access, Huawei Technologies
- Ziyang Fan, Head of Digital Trade and Cross-Border Data Flows, Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, World Economic Forum
The program is FREE to attend for Customs & Tax Authorities, Ministries of Trade/Economy/Finance, IP, Police & Judiciary Authorities, Heads of Brand Protection, Heads of Trade & Customs Compliance.
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.