These businesses are thinking outside the box, tightening their belts and acknowledging that now is not the time for “business as usual”. These businesses need to be applauded.
They should have their unconventional genius acknowledged! And that’s why the GTPA is launching the “COVID-19 Business Champion Awards”!
HOW IT WORKS
If you (or a business you know) are pulling out all the stops to stay afloat through the COVID-19 crisis, we want to hear your story, wherever
in the world you’re located.
Whether you’re a multinational with thousands of employees, or a one-person operation trading from home, your achievement in these times is worthy of celebration.
Entering is simple!
Complete the contact details form, tick the box for the category in which you’re doing great things, and tell us your story of innovation and survival
in no more than 100 words. We’ll share the most inspiring stories with the world.
A panel of business, marketing and trade experts will then choose the 50 top stories to compete in a live online pitchfest, where the winner in each category will be selected by these heavy-hitting experts.
We’ll also be opening the pitchfest to the public viewing so that, through an online voting system, they can select the “People’s Choice” winner.
Oh, and don’t stress about your pitch, we’ll give you plenty of guidance before you go live!
What are you waiting for?
Get your entries in by Friday 15 May 2020. Shortlisted businesses will be invited to pitch between 25 and 29 May, and winners announced on Friday 05 June.
- Launch – 01 June
- Closing date for entries – 26 June
- Pitching – 06 to 10 July
- Winners announced – 20 July
- Community champion: How is your business supporting your community and making the world a better place?
- Brilliant product/service pivot: What have you done to keep your products/ services relevant and selling since 01 February 2020?
- Superb staff / supply chain incentive: How have you kept you staff/ supply chain partners supported?
- People’s choice award: For an outstanding individual who is making the world a better place
Your genius and sheer grit will be internationally acclaimed! And you’ll inspire others to follow your lead.
Winners will also be given:
- Free access to the GTPA’s eCommerce Diagnostic Tool
- 10 hours of expert mentoring to help take your business to the next level
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.