ISO/ IEC 17065 Global Consulting Services certification
- Applies to the globally recognised ISO/IEC 17065 certification, supporting a differentiated international status as a trusted and verified business providing advisory services to international trading businesses
- Profiles advisory services firms as part of a globally trusted ecosystem for businesses to connect
- Facilitates audits and compliance review of global consulting and advisory services
- Links to AEO schemes and other ISO standards and compliance regulations
Outcomes for consulting and advisory firms
- Build client confidence that the business is reputable and a trusted partner for engagement
- Gain competitive advantage by becoming a preferred consulting and advisory firm
- Meet international regulation requirements, at a lower cost
- Grow your business network by tapping into a global ecosystem as a trusted advisory service supporting global businesses
- Improve business processes and procedures
ISO/ IEC 17065 Global Consulting Services certification process
The GTPA globally trading business certification program is based on ISO/IEC 17065, which is the recognised international standard for the certification of products, processes or services.
The overall aim of the GTPA business certification program is to give confidence to all interested parties that the business processes fulfil specified requirements.
The value of certification is a degree of confidence and trust that others may gain form an impartial demonstration that a business’s processes fulfil those specified requirements.
The GTPA globally trading business certification assesses the businesses processes against a framework of 9 key themes, summarised below.
Within each theme a business’s processes is assessed against a range of characteristics of global business.
It should be noted that the same characteristics are used to assess a Globally Trading Business or a Global Trade Consulting Services however the context under which they are assessed differs.
Each business’s processes are assessed against the 50 characteristics of global business at one of three levels:
- Level 1: Basic
- Level 2: Good practice
- Level 3: Best practice
Based on how well the business scores against the 50 characteristics a business will achieve a 1, 2- or 3-star rating of the level of sophistication of its international business processes.
Certification themes and characteristics
Businesses are assessed against nine key themes and characteristics regarding business process:
- Strategic & Financial Fitness
- Markets and Competitors
- Clients and Channels
- Brands and Value Proposition
- Core Business Processes
- Operations and Infrastructure
- Risks and Governance
- People and Culture
- Measures and Incentives
GTPA will be launching the ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme in November 2019. Consulting and advisory services firms interested in obtaining further information and who may wish to make a head start on preparing for certification can contact the GTPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe to our database to receive updates.SUBSCRIBE TO DATABASE