The GTPA continuing professional development (CPD) will validate the currency of Global Trade Professional (GTP) certification and provide a global framework and methodology to drive best practice, continuous professional development and learning that you can benefits from. This includes:
- Provide an easier navigation along the path of competency maintenance and improvement.
- Enable GTPs to map your career development, broaden your skills and areas of competence.
- Support GTPs to keep abreast of changes in the global trade environment, across a changing world, changing workplaces and changing mindset
- Drive best practice in international trade and continuous competency improvement.
- Contribute to the productivity and sustainability of GTPs by ensuring currency of knowledge and the capability to deliver a broader range of
skills, competencies and market understanding.
- Assist GTPs to assess your current capability, capability gaps and readiness to engage in the global trade environment.
- A practical, easy to engage process to maintain up to date knowledge, global insight and improve professional competencies that reflects your
- Identify key areas for professional development and linkages to providers of professional development.
- Diversity of activities to enhance learning and competency development.
- Assist you to prioritise key areas of capability development.
- Create a pathway for you to benefit from greater transferability of skills to improve employment opportunities.
Certified Global Trade Professionals (GTPs) will maintain the highest possible standards of conduct and commitment in maintaining and enhancing
your professional knowledge, skills and competence through continuous professional development.
CPD is not an add-on, but an essential component of maintaining professional competence and integrity of all GTPs allowing you to take control of your career development.
All GTPs must also maintain ANNUAL membership of the GTPA.
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.