Engagement globally in trade policy on behalf of companies engaged in international trade
GTPA is build on a model of collaboration and engagement and working together to create interconnecting ecosystems to support supply chains engagement in global trade.
GTPA will engage with GTPA members, GTPA Chapters, GTPA Alliance Partners to engage in trade policy and though leadership to represent the needs
of companies engaged in international trade as well as promote and advocate the benefits of global trade.
Given the background of the GTPA Board and the ITAC committee as a respected and influential voice on trade policy we wish to engage with our members and chapters to represent GTPA members and GTPA Chapter needs globally to have a strong voice to support GTPA Chapters on behalf of their members to shape policy in a way that benefits the international business community.
Our current trade policy priorities are based on these principles:
- International trade and investment is crucial to securing future economic potential. Jobs and economic prosperity are best created and protected
over the long term through an open and competitive economic system.
- Ensure that the benefits of international trade and investment are shared equally.
- Support the development of trade and investment-capable companies to engage with global opportunities.
- Maximising the benefits of international trade and investment is the shared responsibility of all levels of government, the businesses directly
involved in import and export, and the businesses that support them.
- Building a collaborative global 'trade ecosystem' that requires commitment and dedication from all parties.
- The empowerment of women to engage in global trade through internationally recognised capacity and capability programmes which directly contribute
to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
- Supporting Aid for Trade initiatives that can support sustainable targeted support to Least Developing Countries through the establishment
of Local chapters of the GTPA can serve as critical nodes in AfT and Trading Out of Poverty strategies.