GTPA is a not-for-profit, membership-based organisation connecting individuals and organisations to a trusted network with recognised capabilities that power supply chains and their communities around the world.
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
GTPA is the only organisation globally to develop the international standard for certifying trade professionals. The Global Trade Professional
(GTP) Programme, has been developed under ISO/IEC 17024, for the certification of professional competence in the field of global trade.
Membership of the GTPA is open to all trade professionals from students to senior executives; a wide spectrum of organisations including micro, small, medium, large or multi-national business; peak industry bodies; chambers of commerce; trade education providers and government agencies.
Members will be part of a global alliance that in turn will:
- advance international development
- support the development of MSMEs and their access to global supply chains
- empower greater diversity women-owned engagement in trade.
When you join the GTPA we become partners, working with you to support global trade advancement and you will benefit from:
- Growth in skills and knowledge
- Internationally recognised certification
- Career progression
- Promotion of your capabilities as a global expert in trade
- Expanding your employment opportunities
- Global connections
- Access to a trusted network for sourcing employees
It is not compulsory to be a certified Global Trade Professional (GTP) to be a member of the GTPA, however it is compulsory for all certified GTPs to maintain their annual membership status.
The moment you join the GTPA, you become part of a global network of trade leaders.