While the global business landscape is changing rapidly, we have conﬁdence that it will eventually stabilise.
In the meantime, businesses’ capacity to survive will depend on your ability to innovate the ways in which they communicate, manage their business, and engage customers.
Our mentoring programme will digitally connect your business with mentors who can provide a range of skills and advice in dealing with the impacts of the COVID-19 and other crises on their business.
The proposed Mentoring programme is a one-on-one matching service that aligns the international business needs of an individual or company with the services of a subject expert using our technology platform.
HOW DOES INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MENTORING WORK?
1. A business completes a detailed assessment, using an online technology platform
2. Their needs are assessed and suggestions made regarding the areas where they need assistance, based on the report generated through the online platform
3. In addition to the assessed areas requiring mentorship, businesses may also select additional areas of assistance from a list of suggested topics
4. Businesses are matched with an expert
5. A schedule of meetings is determined in consultation with the business, including the method of delivery – online though the new technology platform
6. Businesses get the guidance they require
7. All mentorship outcomes are monitored via the online technology platform, including tracking of meetings, eﬀectiveness of mentors, learnings of mentees, etc
If you would like to participate in a FREE services to access mentoring support please complete the below form and we will be in touch on next steps:
Our goal is to bring people together to:
- build professional capabilities in trade
- elevate the profile of trade
- advocate the benefits and opportunities of trade
- facilitate networking
- improve the performance and success of companies in global trade
- boost the efficiency of trade processes.
Featured GTPA Member
Ziyaad Ebrahim, GTP
Ziyaad has close to fifteen years of experience in international trade and development.He joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) after serving 12 years in various positions within the Government of Seychelles, where he comes from.
During his time in the Government of Seychelles, he was directly involved in trade, investment and general economic policy formulation and implementation.He also has experience on WTO accession and was involved in FTA negotiations with the European Union and within the Eastern and Southern African region. He has also worked with international organisations such as the IMF, World Bank and the African Development Bank on Structural Adjustment Programmes, private sector and MSME development initiatives including gender empowerment projects.
In his current role with the WTO, he coordinates the work of the WTO LDC Group in the ongoing trade negotiations.He also monitors and assists LDC participation in specific areas of the negotiations which include Special and Differential Treatment (S&DT), fisheries subsidies, trade facilitation and LDC accession negotiations.
He is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French.
Ziyaad was one of the first people globally to be certified as a Global Trade Professional in the area of Trade Management.