Creative Technologies including Digital Games to the United States of America
Eligible businesses can apply for free support to export Creative Technologies including Digital Games to the USA. Applications open on Wednesday 18 October and close on Sunday 19 November.
December 2023 to April 2024.
South by Southwest (SxSWExternal Link ) on 8-16 March 2024 in Texas, USA
In-person attendance at the event is required.
Why this market
The United States is consistently ranked among the best internationally for its overall competitiveness and ease of doing business. Backed by a regulatory environment that is particularly conducive to starting and operating a business, U.S. business culture encourages free enterprise and competition. The United States offers the largest consumer market on earth with a GDP of $20 trillion and 325 million people.
Reports from industry suggest that the creative economy, which currently stands at a valuation of approximately $985 billion, exhibits robust growth without any signs of slowing down, and the US is the single largest contributing producer and consumer. According to projections put forth by G20 Insights, it is anticipated that the creative economy could contribute around 10% to the global GDP by the year 2030.
The creative technology sector, encompassing immersive virtual and augmented reality experiences, cutting-edge digital games, and innovative art, is at the forefront of reshaping global interactions. North America, remains a top choice for creative enterprises, consistently drawing substantial investments and top talent, making it an exciting destination for NSW companies.
- Welcome session – 15 December 2023
Market intelligence briefings and cultural training
- Introduction to the Creative Technology ecosystem and key trends in market
- Market specific business culture and etiquette
- Go-to-market strategy
- Setup (business registration, tax and structure)
- How to fundraise in the US
- Pitch coaching workshop
- 1:1 training for pitching for business or investment
Potential partner search and introductions
- In-person participation at South by Southwest (SXSW) US with In-market assistance and logistical support from Investment NSW
- A ticket for one delegate to attend SXSW US
- Opportunities to network with potential customers and partners
- Introductions to in-market stakeholders, potential partners and customers
- 1:1 mentoring from an in-market expert for the duration of the program
Ongoing advice and follow up
- Ongoing support provided by a dedicated NSW Government Export Adviser.
- Access to training developed by the Export Council of Australia and IP Australia
*note: the curriculum is subject to change
Participation requirements and success factors
Eligibility for the overall Program
- Have headquarters in NSW
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) registered for NSW
- Be export-capable and export-ready
- Have an employee number between 5 and 199 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- The product or service must be produced primarily in NSW
- The product or service is achieving sales already
- Have a website featuring the product or service
- Be prepared to adapt the product or service for the new market
- Be flexible regarding market-entry method
- Have resources to support marketing and development for a new market
- Be willing to travel to the selected market (where and when travel is permitted) and/or to Sydney for events, and must cover own travel expenses
Note this program is designed for NSW businesses who produce and own their own brand. This program is not for aggregators, traders, or businesses who sell services to exporters.
Additional eligibility requirements for this stream
- Already generating revenue or already have funding to support US market expansion
- Market-ready product; already established a US product-market fit
- Commitment to scale to the US within the next 12 months
The ideal participant
- Unique and innovative creative technology product
- Ideal product categories:
- Immersive technology (XR, AR, VR, UX)
- Digital games
- Music technology
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Creative coding and virtual production
- Compelling proposition for the US market
- Already identified potential customers / partners in the US - and/or some market traction
- May already have an employee who already does some work in the US
Businesses not eligible for this stream
- Consultants selling solutions to tech companies
- Previous Going Global Program participants “to the USA”
Applications open on Wednesday 18 October 2023 and close on Sunday 19 November 2023.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome around 4 December 2023.