Making the most of the value producing opportunities inherent in becoming a digital business
The GTPA and EIF are pleased to invite you to join us for an upcoming session as part of eCommerce Week in Geneva.
Digital transformation is about how a business embraces digital tools to streamline and improve its functionality, and how that business then more efficiently, potently and profitably interacts with its customers.
- Are customer-focused, putting the customer at the centre of everything they do;
- Value and understand data and effectively use the information gathered to improving the business’ processes and to better serving the needs of customers;
- Are innovators, constantly staying ahead of the curve;
- Use digital tools to collaborate and spread the decision-making process across the entire business thereby becoming more responsive to the needs of their customers;
- Are lean and agile, using just the cloud-based digital services they need, when and how they need them, without massive investment in IT infrastructure;
- Understand the importance of being mobile to reach customers who increasingly purchase via their mobile phones.
The session will cover some of the following topics:
- Maximising the benefits of digital transformation;
- Digital transformation as a step towards successful eCommerce and participation in the debate around the eCommerce and -Digital Services agreement progressing at the WTO;
- Extending digital transformation to SMEs in LDCs, giving them a voice in the shaping of global eCommerce frameworks, and policy
- Case studies of businesses that have successfully embraced digital transformation
- Lisa McAuley, CEO- Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA),
- Collins Rex, Director – Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA) and
- Annette Ssemuwemba, Deputy Executive Director – EIF Programme
Date: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
For further information please click here