The Urgent Need to Strengthen the Cyber Readiness of Small and Medium-Sized Businesses: A Global Perspective
The Cyber Readiness Institute has released a White Paper urging the Biden Administration to address specific cyber readiness challenges that small and medium-sized businesses face. The paper recommends the following:
- Create a national awareness campaign to promote cyber readiness for SMBs
- Create a cybersecurity resource center for SMBs within the federal government
- Offer tax credits to encourage SMBs to invest in cybersecurity
- Establish public/private collaboration to set minimum standards for cybersecurity
- Create government-funded Cyber Squads, in collaboration with community and 4-year colleges
While these recommendations are directed at the current U.S. administration, they can be applied and taken into consideration by global organizations and governments. To better understand the challenges faced by U.S. and global SMBs, CRI, in partnership with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), surveyed over 1,000 enterprises. Both the U.S. and Global survey results support the above recommendations for strengthening the cyber readiness of SMBs in the U.S. and internationally. You can read the White Paper here.
To view the full article click HERE.